Applying for a place at our school
Our admissions are controlled through the HCC admissions system. To apply for a place you need to fill in the county admissions form either on paper or on-line. In the event that a year is oversubscribed the county admissions criteria will apply.
Nursery Admissions from 1st September 2018
How to apply:
Please fill in an application form and either post it back to school or email it to: email@example.com
- Early Years Application 2018-19 (223KB)
We will accept applications for a place in our nursery, to start in September 2019 (for children who will turn 4 during the year from September 1st 2019-31st August 2020) from 1st October 2018 until 15th March 2019 at 10.00 am.
We will acknowledge each application by email. If you have not heard from us within a week of sending it please contact the school office by phoning 01763 243392.
We have the equivalent of sixty 15 hour places.
If we are oversubscribed our criteria will give preference to children in this order:
- Children with an Education and Health Care Plan that names the school.
- Children of staff members at the school.
- Siblings of children in the main school, including those leaving at year 4 and who will no longer be in the school in the next academic year.
- Children who are looked after and who were children who were looked after, but ceased to be so because they were adopted (or became subject to a children arrangement order or a special guardianship order).
- Children who are ‘at risk’ (or the sibling of a child ‘at risk’) who is the subject of an inter-agency child protection plan.
- Distance from nursery to home address using Google Maps. We will use post code to post code and the walking route.
- If there is a tie break for the last place then we will use a ballot.
- Any applications received after the closing date will be reorganised following the above criteria and places allocated as spaces become available.
You will receive your offer letter at the beginning of April 2019.
You will then have until 23rd April 2019 to accept the place or reject it.
If you are unsuccessful we will keep a waiting list open and will contact you if a space becomes available.
If you are applying outside of our admissions period please speak to Mrs Kimsey in the school office for assistance.
Please note a place at Icknield Walk Nursery School does not guarantee a place in the main school. You need to re-apply through the Hertfordshire County Admissions system for a place in reception class.