Children and staff at Icknield Walk First School are able to access the Internet through the Hertfordshire Grid for Learning (HGfL).
The safety of children when using the Internet (eSafety) is of paramount importance to our school and to HGfL.
We know that parents and guardians will also be concerned that the children stay safe when using the Internet at home and elsewhere. The HGfL website has a section dedicated to eSafety with advice to parents, governers, teachers and of course to children themselves. You will also find a description of the particular measures taken to ensure that the HGfL is an appropriately protected Internet service for use in schools.
Acceptable Use Agreement for Pupils
The school has installed computers and Internet access to help our learning. These rules will keep everyone safe and help us be fair to others.
- I will only use ICT in school for school purposes.
- I will only use my class e-mail address or my own school e-mail address when e-mailing.
- I will only open e-mail attachments from people I know, or who my teacher has approved.
- I will not tell other people my ICT passwords.
- I will only open/delete my own files.
- I will make sure that all ICT contact with other children and adults is responsible, polite and sensible.
- I will not deliberately look for, save or send anything that could be unpleasant or nasty.
If I accidentally find anything like this I will tell my teacher immediately.
- I will not give out my own details such as my name, phone number or home address. I will not arrange to meet someone unless this is part of a school project approved by my teacher and a responsible adult comes with me.
- I will be responsible for my behaviour when using ICT because I know that these rules are to keep me safe.
- I will support the school approach to online safety and not deliberately upload or add any images, video, sounds or text that could upset any member of the school community
- I know that my use of ICT can be checked and that my parent/ carer contacted if a member of school staff is concerned about my eSafety.