Our Ofsted Outstanding Nursery is for children who are nearly four years old, and is held in its own purpose built building on the school site. It is an educational based nursery led by an experienced and qualified teacher and well qualified support staff.
We welcome visits from prospective parents, please contact the school office to arrange a visit or you could attend one of our open sessions:
Friday 19th October 2018 9.30-10.30am – the nursery and the whole school will be open for you to tour around.
Friday 1st March 2019 9.30-11.00 am
Saturday 2nd March 2019 10.00-11.30am
We admit children who will be four years old during the academic year beginning the 1st of September.
The pattern of attendance can be a combination of any of the morning and/or lunch and/or afternoon sessions, on any of the school days in a week. Children staying over lunchtime can bring a packed lunch from home or you can pay for a school meal.
Once you have been allocated your pattern of attendance, we request that you continue with this for a term unless there are very exceptional circumstances.
Information about Nursery admissions can be found on our Admissions page.
The session times are:
|Mornings||8.30 am – 11.30 am|
|Lunch||11.30 am – 12.30 pm|
|Afternoons||12.30 pm – 3.30 pm|
Please note that your child must attend for the whole session (3 hours) and can only stay for lunch on days when they are in all day or for the morning or for the afternoon sessions. We do operate a flexible drop off between 8.30am and 9.00am and pick up between 3.00pm and 3.30pm to enable you to pick up and drop off children in the main school.
Everyone is entitled to 15 hours free provision and some families are entitled to 30 hours free provision. For more details see www.childcarechoices.gov.uk . If you would like more than 15 hours for your child but are not eligible for the 30 hours funding, you can request the additional hours at a charge of £4.00 per hour.
From 1st September 2018 – If we are oversubscribed our criteria will give preference to children in this order:
- Children with an Education and Health Care Plan that names the school.
- Children of staff members at the school.
- Siblings of children in the main school, including those leaving at year 4 and who will no longer be in the school in the next academic year.
- Children who are looked after and who were children who were looked after, but ceased to be so because they were adopted (or became subject to a children arrangement order or a special guardianship order).
- Children who are ‘at risk’ (or the sibling of a child ‘at risk’) who is the subject of an inter-agency child protection plan.
- Distance from nursery to home address using Google Maps. We will use post code to post code and the walking route.
- If there is a tie break for the last place then we will use a ballot.
- Any applications received after the closing date will be reorganised following the above criteria and places allocated as spaces become available.
Look in the Pupils’ Work section to see our recent activities.